[tweet_quote hashtags=”#SalesforceFiles” ]When combined with Salesforce Chatter, the practicality of Files is essentially off the charts.[/tweet_quote] Sales people live and die by their mobile devices, and Chatter is designed to enhance the way sales and marketing professionals actually
work. With the help of social features like comments and polling, it’s easy for management to capture employee feedback on documents, or vice versa.
Best of all, Salesforce Chatter is whip smart. Smart enough to recommend relevant documents when they come up in conversation, so no one has to go looking for the needed file or risk coming up empty handed. It wouldn’t be unreasonable to compare these two features in tandem with a really proficient personal assistant!
What Does This Mean for Sales and Marketing?
Simply put, Salesforce Chatter and Salesforce Files can literally change everything for overworked Sales and Marketing directors, even if they’re tasked with managing very large, busy, or remote teams. Consider the following use cases, which probably occur more often than any of us would like to admit:
- Repeatedly emailing team members to capture acknowledgement on crucial documents
- Waiting – and losing productivity – while waiting for internal feedback on a proposal, budget or marketing campaign concept
- Answering basic questions from newer team members, which come up on a fairly regular basis.
In a perfect world, we’d all have the budget to develop a home-grown internal wiki system. This system would feature smart search, tagging, and employee engagement for client and internal knowledge management. However, very few of us can even dream about that level of a solution. Short of a large-scale, custom development project, Salesforce Chatter and Salesforce Files are pretty much the next best thing.
In the case of the business situations outlined above, Salesforce users have the option to:
- Capture employee feedback on critical documentation with a few clicks
- Tag critical employees and capture document feedback within a single system, eliminating the need for compiling multiple streams of feedback into a master document
- Easily document, tag, and publish frequently-asked questions about internal processes or clients; providing team members with the ability to efficiently search from mobile devices.
Perhaps best of all, Salesforce Files offers smart integration with 3rd-party platforms. If your marketing technologists live and die by a particular project management tool or prefer your existing storage options, the files can be easily imported. It keeps you all on the same page, even if your entire team is still slightly resistant to the use of Salesforce.
Centralizing communications is immensely challenging. It has always been a struggle for even the most proficient sales and marketing leaders, and there are no simple solutions to this very real problem. While there are no silver bullets for managing a busy, remote, or disorganized team, the use of Salesforce Files and Salesforce Chatter in tandem comes pretty close. It’s optimized for the way even the busiest professionals work, and seamlessly centralizes your communications and files, so you can focus on progress and improvement.
Enjoy this read? Check out additional tips for Salesforce power users in our recent blog, Be an Effective Salesforce User with These 7 Free Apps.