The Path to a Cleaner Pipeline
- Go to Reports
- Click New Report
- Click the “+” next to Opportunities
- Click Opportunities
- Click the Create button
- Now you are in your report and Salesforce will automatically add fields into the report but many of these you do not need. So I recommend removing all fields that were automatically put in there except the Opportunity Name, Account Name, Close Date, Stage and Opportunity Owner.
- Personally, I organize our sales pipelines by stages so I can get a better view of everything. If you wish to do the same then click Tabular Format -> Summary.
- Drag the”Stage field into the “Drag a field here to create grouping“.
- To make sure you have all the opportunities in the pipeline in this report go to the filtering area in the top of the browser and select:
- Show – All Opportunities
- Opportunity Status – Open
- Date Field – Close Date
- Range – Previous CY (Calendar Year)
- Click Run Report
You will now get a report of all your past due opportunities. Click each opportunity in the report and I recommend opening each one in another tab. As you go into each opportunity record make sure you update the values accordingly.
We recommend paying special close attention to the close date. If the opportunity is still alive then move the close date to a date in the future. Also, if the opportunity is not worth pursuing then update the stage so it is omitted from your pipeline. Once you have gone through all the opportunities then go to the report and click Run Report again. If the report is empty then you have successfully cleaned your pipeline and it’s in good shape as you start off the new year.