Twitter Wrap-up for the Week of November 26 Through November 30
If you’re not following us on Twitter, here’s what you missed this week: Web and Software Development A quick example of deceptive complexity and why programming often takes so long Inheriting […]
If you’re not following us on Twitter, here’s what you missed this week:
Web and Software Development
- A quick example of deceptive complexity and why programming often takes so long
- Inheriting characteristics and features from multiple superclasses in C#
- Using a JQuery Modal Dialog with Checkboxes in an http://ASP.NET GridView. Cool.
- How to get an Alert Box in JQuery
- Turning your awesome phone app into a tablet app
- The DebuggerDisplay attribute is great for viewing the customized output of a class with more meangful information.
Technology and the Computer Industry
- An explosion of growth in China’s mobile market
- Being a Software God is Tough.
- RT @keewood Is Windows 8 Winning? Microsoft Says Yes; Data Say No
- Have you ever looked at a design, realizing that you liked it or didn’t like it, but you weren’t sure why?
- Websites are getting more and more interactive, shouldn’t wireframes be as well?
- All designers say simplicity is important, but what does it really mean to make something simple?
- Social Media by the Numbers
- RT @DesignerDepot To HTML5 or not to HTML5, that is the mobile question
- Is responsive email design really worth it?
- RT @Eloqua 9 Best Practices for Creating Landing Pages that Convert by @JenerationY via @B2Community
Project Management and Business Analysis
- Why does every user manual start with “Congratulations on buying this product…” and how do you avoid the cliche?
- RT @roundpeg: Your copywriter desperately wants to help you create something wonderful. How to make the most of…
- For all the conversations we are having, we don’t discuss why we make the decisions we make in our projects.
- Fixed Bid, Time and Materials, and How to Manage Them
- How, when, and why to use a formal project management process
- Project managment courses may benefit people in your company other than project managers.
- The rules are different between startups and established companies. Where should PM best practices fall in there.
Marketing and Social Media
- RT @erp_insights White Paper – How to Gain From a Multiplatform Social Media Strategy
- I always feel good when I read this list and don’t see my name on it: Top 5 corporate Twitter disasters of 2012.
Miscellaneous Items of Interest
- Don’t forget our #BloodDrive … December 7th at our headquarters. Drop by. Free cookies!
- Your support department and user manuals can be great sales collateral
- RT @marksasmith I Want to Go to Lunch and Pick Your Brain: Six Ways to Reply Without Being a Jerk
- Great video — Engaging Your Readers via Social Media
- RT @TimothyCarter 3 Case Studies: Christmas Social Media Campaigns that Rock! – Business 2 Community
- I love controversial stances: RT @jeffbullas 6 Reasons Not To Have A Facebook Page
- RT @SellingChange Sales Leadership and Sales Motivation: Are You Building A Firm Foundation? via @TheSalesHunter
- Sharing your site content with other sites … and embeddable content plugin for WordPress
- RT @raintoday 9 Ways to Create Valuable Experiences that Build Client Partnerships by Andrew Sobel