Twitter Wrap-Up for the Week of November 19 through 23
If you’re not following us on Twitter, here’s what you missed this week: Web and Software Development Great AR Horror Story: “What IT doesn’t know won’t hurt it, right?” Coding best […]
If you’re not following us on Twitter, here’s what you missed this week:
Web and Software Development
- Great AR Horror Story: “What IT doesn’t know won’t hurt it, right?”
- Coding best practices: Else … Else If … What’s the Difference?
Technology and the Computer Industry
- Since we enjoyed Part 1 so much, here’s “How a computer Works, Part 2:”
- Infographic: The Takeover of the Mobile Web
- 3 Common Content Mistakes in User Interface Design
- Caplin Shystems shares their responsive web design workflow.
- Ligatures, the zero width non-joiner, and unicode.
- Need your web site to stand out in somebody’s bookmark folder? You need to perfect your favicon.
- Responsive design under a single URL or a separate mobile website? Here’s a look at the pros and cons of each.
- It’s not enough to remove frustration in products. You need to create delight too. “Three Levels of Happy Design:”
- RT @chadrichards Instagram Web Profiles: 5 Must-Reads
Project Management and Business Analysis
- “Even multinational enterprises often ignore change management until problems arise.” It shouldn’t be optional.
- I’ve been saying this for YEARS! RT @PMvoices ‘We lose 20% efficiency each time we multitask.’
- RT @ronkarr: Stop Being a People Pleaser
- Birthing a 1.0 project — “Stables and Volatiles:”
- The age old argument: Plan-driven vs change-driven project management approaches
- Changing project managers mid-project can often recover a bad situation, but it should be approached very carefully.
- RT @ThePMCoach What is Customer Centric Project Management? #pmot
- On the Importance of Values on Project Management
Marketing and Social Media
- RT @spinweb: Are you just trying to do “a little bit of #SEO”?
- How to Create an Online Strategy: Investing in your business online is not just about spending money.
- RT @jeffbullas 10 Ways To Drive Traffic To Your Blog From A Top Social Media Channel
- Using social media as a a highly-visible, yet low-cost employee recognition tool.
- RT @jim_brown How CMOs Can Work with CIOs to Gain Customer Insight
Miscellaneous Items of Interest
- Do you have an ego problem? Take this test and find out. Unless you’re too good for silly quizzes.
- Don’t forget our blood drive. December 7 from 9 to Noon.
- RT @KevinEikenberry Ways to increase the ROI of your training investment: Pick the right experience.
- Backup rule of Three: 3 copies; 2 formats; 1 off-site.